Sunday, September 19, 2010

The start to a great 9th grade year!

This summer was one of the best summers of my life, and I did not want to go back to school at all! The thought of waking up early every day, doing homework, and having so many commitments didn't sound very fun to me.

The Sunday before school started I was joking around and saying that it would stink to wake up late on the first day of school. I set my alarm that night, and checked it at least 5 times to make sure it would go off. The next morning I woke up to the sound of a honk. I jumped out of bed and looked out the window to see that my neighbor (that is in high school) was being picked up. I went to see what time it was and lucky for me, I had a whole 15 minutes to get ready, eat, and pack a lunch before getting on my bus. I kept saying to myself, "Really! I woke up late on the first day of school!" but after getting on the bus and going to school the day went pretty well.

I got to wear my letterman jacket, which keeps me nice and warm in our non-air-conditioned school.:) I also got to go to some of my favorite classes, seminary and clothing. It was really great to see all of my friends that I hadn't seen for a while and go to all my new classes. As years go by life gets better, but harder. I hate the fact that school will never get easier, It will only get harder.

This year, I have something that will get me through it all, being an officer. I love being an officer so much. When I didn't make it in 7th grade I was bummed, but I didn't give up and tried again. Even though its a lot of hard work, it is so worth it. I love all of my officer friends and all of the fun we have together in homeroom, and at games. Even though our volleyball team isn't having much success, it is still a blast to go to all of the games and support the team and our school. Our adviser is awesome and I am so thankful that she puts up with us every day. It can get pretty crazy in homeroom, but she deals with it.

After not making office in 7th grade, I tried out for cheer thinking I wouldn't make it. When I went on the computer to see, my name was on the list. I was so excited and couldn't wait. We had a lot of summer practices and early morning practices, but even with all of that it was still fun. I loved all the friends I met, and all the girls on the team. I loved cheer, but decided it wasn't the right thing for me.

Even with all the homework and stress that school brings you, it is so much fun. I think that even though last year was a blast, this year could very easily beat it. I can't wait to see what else 9th grade will bring me!

No comments:

Post a Comment