Saturday, May 14, 2011

My strike against getting ready for school.

At the beginning of this week I woke up and realized that if I had to get ready one more time I would go crazy. I then decided that there really was no point of getting ready anymore, so from there I started my strike.

The next day I wore the big baggy shirt I got from the David Archuleta concert in 7th grade to school. It was really comfortable, and I thought to myself that these next two weeks were going to be great. I continued wearing baggy shirts to school all week, and didn't do my hair once either. I would put my hair in braids the night before, or just put it into a nice-and-easy pony tail. I am still planning on continuing the strike, so schoolmates beware!

I'm glad I realized that I don't need to care about what others think about me. I'm my own person and my true friends will stick by me whether I'm the ugliest person on the planet, or on the cover of a magazine. Before I felt like I needed to impress and "please" people, but now I honestly do not care one bit about what others are thinking. I noticed that from the moment I started having this mindset, my confidence in myself has increased tremendously. I've learned who I am, and I know now that fitting in to the most popular group is not the most important thing in life. A lot of my friends are trying to become as popular as they can be before high school so they can be among the "highly ranked", but soon enough they will be left with no true friends.

I love all of the true friends I have, and I can tell that they really are true. With true friends you can be yourself, and you know that they will love you no matter what. I'm glad that I have amazing friendships that will last me through high school and beyond because I'm sure that a lot of people won't be as fortunate. I'm glad I decided to start this "strike" because it taught me a lot of things I should've realized before.

No comments:

Post a Comment