Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where I'm From

I am from laughter spread by little children, whose energy never falters.
A place which is never quiet nor still, an ongoing adventure.
I am from the late night gatherings on the couch,
And the gleaming television which brings our different lives together for a small moment.
I am from bowls of buttered and salted popcorn filled to the rim, much of it missing the children’s mouths and falling along the cracks of our couch.
I am from a talented father, whose travels bring us foreign spices, sparking our curiosity.
I am from a loving mother whose second home is in our car-driving to our scheduled places.
I am from a pack of swimmers, bringing in the smell of fresh chlorine each and every day.
There are trophies, medals, meets, and more, but this is where I’ll never score.
I am from the ocean waves that call for me during the summer months.
I am from high expectations, and parents who I don’t want to let down.
I am from Disney Princesses, and other characters who never remain unspoken of, inside and outside our walls.
I am from the never failing dolls and board games lying about, mocking me as I step and trip.
I am from the mountains, where flowers bloom each new spring.
I am from friendly people living in the houses that encircle me.
Streets filled with bikes and children, as they happily ride about.
I am from bundles of blankets placed perfectly next to the burning fire.
I am from a world of care, where no one is ever left alone.
I am from a loving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment