Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saying Goodbye.

I'm tearing up just thinking about this last week of school. I've had so many wonderful memories at Fairfield Jr. High, and I'm going to miss everyone who went there. In the past years I never really felt sad about school ending, but the fact that we are all separating into different schools makes this a lot harder. I hate saying goodbyes, especially to close friends I have made throughout the past three years. I know that we will still see each other every once and a while, but we will never be as close as we were throughout Jr. High.

Another thing that makes me sad is saying goodbye to all of my wonderful teachers. Most kids wouldn't really care about this, but I really have loved all of my teachers. We have great teachers who care about us, and put forth tremendous effort to teach us what we need to learn.

I have loved Fairfield more than words can describe, but at the same time I am very excited to move on to Davis High School. I'm intimidated and excited to start three of the best years of my life. Once I turn 16 my world will be completely different. I will have a ton of free agency with the ability to drive myself wherever I want. Yesterday, my dad and I went to a church parking lot to practice driving for the first time. As I sat in the drivers seat, I realized how fast I was growing up, and how fast time was going by. People would always tell me that time was going to fly by, but I never believed them. Now I agree 100% that time goes by faster than you think it will.

All of the experiences and trials I have gone through while at Fairfield have shaped me into the person I am today. I feel that coming out of Jr. High, I know a lot more about life and what I want to accomplish in mine. I've learned to put others before myself, and also to be an example to everyone around me through my actions.

To any of my peers who are reading this, I want to tell you how much I've loved going to school with you. I feel like we have all been good friends even if we don't hang out outside of school. We all had differences, but most of us learned to put them aside to create friendships, and good relationships with our peers. I loved going through all my classes and having the ability to meet new people, and get to know my peers better.

These past three years have been great, and I'm sure that the next three will be even better. I hope that I can hold myself together this week while saying goodbye to a big part of my life. I will miss all of you going to Layton, and I will miss all of my wonderful teachers who have taught me so much. I love you all, and wish you the best of luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment