Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow? or no Snow?..

I was very disappointed on christmas morning when I looked out the window to find no snow on the ground. Is it spring? Because it has been a winter full of rain, not snow. Every time we do get snow, it quickly melts from the tremendous amounts of rain. I am not sure why it has rained so very much, but I really want to know! I don't think we have ever had this much rain in the spring, when it's supposed to rain.

What made me quite angry when I looked outside the day AFTER christmas and saw the snow descending from the sky! Really? It couldn't just snow on christmas? For the first time ever, I could actually relate to the wonderful song "I'm dreaming of a white christmas." This has never really been one of my favorite christmas songs, but I actually enjoyed it this year because I WAS dreaming of a white christmas! It was very unfortunate that It had to snow the day after christmas, but at least we got some snow.

Christmas break is going by so very fast!! I wish it would all just slow down! It seems like I'm now scrambling for time to finish books, and projects that are due after break. I knew that I was going to end up procrastinating, but sometimes it is so hard to do homework during the holidays. I am trying to plan out these next few days before New Years Eve, so I can finish everything I need to get done. It is definitely going to be hard, but I am very committed to finishing everything before the festivities of the New Year.

Reading Pride and Prejudice has been interesting. I've probably already talked about this, but I watched the old movies with my friends a while ago so I would understand the book better. At first I wasn't sure if it would help much, but it really has made quite the difference. Now when I'm reading, I can picture the part from the movie and understand the scene. Sometimes it is hard for me to sit down and read it, but once I get reading I seem to enjoy it. It's funny how at the first of the book you don't understand they're way of talking, but by the end you read along is if you can talk the way they talk in the book. It has been kind of a challenge, but a very good thing for me.

The last thing I am going to talk about on this very random blog is how fast this year has gone by. I can't believe that we are only weeks away from semester! Half of my ninth grade year is already over! It makes me so sad to think that time is just flying by, and I am not really thinking about it. Once school starts I want to live life to the fullest and not have any regrets on what I could've done better. I know that I already have a lot of things I want to work on for the rest of the year, and I hope that I can be a better person, and leader at my school. I also can't wait for New Year's because I have a lot of goals in mind that I want to accomplish during this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment