Sunday, October 31, 2010

1/4 of the year is over!

I can't believe how fast this year has been going by! It seems like just yesterday I was rushing to the bus, late on my first day of school. (Go to my first blog post) Everything has changed so much since the summer ended and school began. I have met so many new people, and made so many new friends. I've been able to study and work harder then ever, in order to get good grades. Last, but not least, I've also been able to support our school as an officer.
Like I said earlier, this week has been a living heck! There were so many projects, tests, and other things to study for, that I couldn't even keep them straight. When that bell rang on Thursday, I felt like 50 pounds had been lifted off my shoulders! I was so relieved and glad that first term had ended. I was a little worried about my grades at first, but everything worked out great in the end. I ended up getting all A's and 1 A-! Even though that is really good, I still wish I had a 4.0. I hope that I will try harder next term and get a 4.0.
The other day my dad was talking to me and my brother about colleges, and was telling us that it would be really cool if one of us got accepted into Harvard, Stanford, Princeton etc. I laughed and said, "Well that's never going to happen!" After that night I really started thinking about college and where I wanted to go. I thought about how cool it would be to go to great school that everyone dreams of going to like Harvard or Stanford. After the little talk I had with my dad that night, I realized how hard I really do need to try if I want to go to a good college. I don't care if I end up going to BYU or Utah, but it is good to have a big goal to work towards. I think that if you don't have a goal your working towards, you don't really have the motivation to work hard. I know that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment