Sunday, October 3, 2010

Babysitting....haha:)

Babysitting is just GREAT!...Brothers chasing screaming sisters, food mishaps, and much more! The worst is brothers that won't listen to you! Yesterday when I was babysitting, I forgot to defrost the rolls so I could make mini pizzas with them. It was already about 5:00 and I couldn't let them sit out for 4 hours, so I followed the instructions for the fast way, and put them in the oven at 200 degrees with a pan of water underneath. I let them rise for about a hour in the oven, and I thought that my plan would work, but when I took them out of the oven and tried to stretch one out, it immediately broke into pieces. I figured at this point I could just make rolls to eat, so I put the rolls back into the oven and turned the oven to 350 degrees. I started to make mac and cheese, which was pretty successful (except for the fact that I had to borrow butter from my neighbor). I went to look at the rolls, and they were solid as a rock! So that ended in a failure, but at least next time I will remember to let them sit out and rise, instead of trying to make them rise in the oven. Last but not least- when you see your 10 and 12 year old brothers chasing your 3 and 5 year old sisters with rubber bands, and launching the rubber bands at your sisters, you know that something is definitely wrong! Oh, and don't bother to tell them to stop, because (quote) "You are not my mom!..I'm not going to listen to you." This is pretty much a day normal day of babysitting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment