Sunday, October 10, 2010

Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Music expresses feeling and thought, without language;
it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words.
~Robert G. Ingersoll

What do you think about when you read this quote? When I read this quote, It reminded me a lot of how I feel when I listen or play music. Music has been a big part of our world for a long time. We learn to express ourselves through music, instruments, and singing. It seems like everyone plays some kind of an instrument these days which is very good. Music can change our personalities and can make us smarter people. Like it says in the quote, "Music is beyond all words." I really do think that you can say things through music that are too hard to say in person.

I don't think most of us realize how much our lives revolve around music. We listen to it on the radio, our iPods, and some of us, play it daily. Music is a huge part of our lives, and I think it is really cool that it is so important. Most of our schools now have music classes or choir classes, even if you don't play an instrument, you are still involved, and learning about music.

Another thing I think of is the lyrics in the songs. People have done such a good job in making lyrics relatable and telling stories through their songs. Most songs are about relationships or love, which some of us can't relate to, but they still make it so you want to listen to it all the time. Songs vary so much that it is impossible to hate music. There has to be at least one genre of music that you could stand to listen to. There is Pop, Country, Rap, Hip-Hop, Classical, Children, Alternative, Jazz, Singer/Songwriter etc. Music is used in so many ways as well. You may sing at church, or dance to music, or even just listen to relax. I love using music to dance to.

This is probably one of the main reasons why I listen to music so much. I love dancing to the beat of the music and just letting go. It feels so good to turn on a song and dance! Dancing to music is a very good way to express yourself, and your personality. Even if you can't dance, you can still do it for fun to let out your extra energy..if you have any:) haha...Some people may never get to experience what music can do to you. If you want to know how it feels to have music be part of your life, listen to it more often, or tell your parents you want to learn an instrument.

A lot of us that do have the opportunity to play don't use it very well. I know that I haven't fully used my opportunity to play the piano. I have been playing the piano since I was 7 or 8 but have never really practiced or done what I've supposed to do. Now I regret not practicing and trying harder to learn new songs. If I would have tried harder, I would probably be a much better piano player now. Even though its hard to wake up and go to lessons before school, I am so glad I have the opportunity a lot of people in our world don't have. I am trying harder to practice more often and become a better piano player so one day, I can pull out a song and play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment