Monday, November 8, 2010

Memorizing 195 countries!

When Mr. Carter first told us we would be memorizing all 195 countries I was very scared, but as I started studying and learning them, I thought it was fun. A lot of people are very mad that we have to learn them, but I don't mind it. I think it will be good to know all the countries, so later in life we will know what they are.

Me and my family are fans of "The Amazing Race" T.V. show, where 12 teams race around the world to win a million dollars. A couple weeks ago, one of the challenges on the show was finding what country in Africa they were in. It was funny to see how many people didn't know where they were. They kept missing it, and only a few people got it on their first try. After this episode I thought to myself, "I would've known that." Even though it will be hard, I think it will be a good experience. On my last test we had to know the first 30 countries in Europe and I got 100%. Europe is hard because they are all so close together, but if you study, and try, you can memorize them. I've realized that if you study, it really does help. I'm excited that I will soon be able to say I know all the countries in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment