Friday, November 12, 2010

Nutcracker!

Next week is the Clytie Adams production of the Nutcracker! I am so excited to perform, and spend time with my friends. It's going to be pretty crazy though. The week is going to start out with our dress rehearsals on Tuesday, and Thursday. We will be at Weber State from around 5-10. It is a long time to be there, but it seems to go by pretty fast. Tuesday is always the longest day, because we run through the whole show, but stop and correct things that need to be fixed. On Wednesday they try to avoid stopping it, and try to run it as if it were the real show. Thursday, Friday, Saturday Matinee, and Saturday evening, are all performances. I love performing in front of my friends and family, because it gives me an opportunity to show them how I have improved since the previous year. When I get out on stage all I can see is the bright lights, and everyone in the audience is a black blur. I guess this is a good thing, because then you aren't as nervous. It's still really scary though! Every year people get refunded because there aren't enough tickets. It almost seems like everyone in our little "Kaysville-Layton" area goes to it. The only thing that is hard about nutcracker week is homework! It is so hard to keep up with everything during this week. You have to make sure you have everything you need for your performance, make sure you have your hair and makeup done, and make sure you find time to do your homework. I always hold of on my homework until I get to Weber State, but then usually don't end up doing it until I get home that night at 11:00. This year, there are even more things to do on top of nutcracker! I still need to go to the boys basketball games, other dance classes, and the Harry Potter premiere. I'm sure next week is going to be quite the week, but I am very excited because it is full of fun!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment